Applicant must be: Retail Liquor License Holder or Non-Profit Organization
SDL Application "How-to-Apply" Portal Presentation
If questions, please contact: Michelle Porter (402) 471-2821 or email@example.com
Jordan Slagle (402) 471-4893 or firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW APPLICANTS ONLY:
If you have not registered your retail liquor license or non-profit organization for the on-line portal, please click on the link below that pertains to how you will be applying. Non-Profit organizations that hold a permanent liquor license will follow the instructions as a Retail Liquor License holder. If you are operating on a temporary operating permit, you cannot apply for this license. Applicants should only need to register once for the on-line portal.
IMPORTANT: Both Steps 1 & 2 must be followed in the instructions below. After Step 1 of the instructions, the portal will take you to a login screen. Do not attempt to login to the portal. Please go back to the original instructions found here and follow Step 2. After receipt of your email or fax including the information requested on Step 2, our office will contact you via email that you are now able to access the portal. You will receive an internal error if Step 2 is not followed.
Registration Instructions for Retail Liquor License Holder
Registration Instructions for Non-Profit Organization
Non-Profit Step 2 Form Please include IRS documentation Fax: 402/471-2814 or Email: email@example.com
CITY OR COUNTY APPROVAL - REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICATIONS PRIOR TO PORTAL ENTRY:
Please click the following link to view the due date of the application: SDL 10-Day Calendar 2021
Approval from the local governing body (City or County Clerk's office) is required before entry of the portal application. The required forms are found in the "Forms for Completion" section below. Please keep in mind that the local governing body may require additional information or paperwork. Form #200 must be signed and dated by the local governing body before submittal on the portal.
- Form 200 will be completed by all applicants.
- Form 201 will only be completed by a non-profit applicant.
- Form 109 will only be completed if event includes an outdoor area.
- Form 140 will only be completed by a non-profit requesting a fencing waiver.
FORMS FOR COMPLETION & UPLOAD TO THE PORTAL APPLICATION:
PLEASE NOTE: ALL FORMS MUST EXACTLY MATCH THE ENTITY NAME AS REGISTERED ON THE PORTAL
Form 200 - SDL Local Recommendation Form *Upload to portal application under "Supporting Documents " Upload City Approval"
Form 201 - Non-Profit Affidavit Form *Upload to portal application under "Supporting Documents " Upload City Approval"
Form 109 - Outdoor Diagram Form *Upload to portal application under "Outdoor Diagram"
Form 140 - Double Fencing Waiver Form #140 (Non-Profits only) *Upload to portal application under "Outdoor Diagram"
ENTRY OF PORTAL APPLICATION - CHECKLIST & LINK:
Below is a checklist when you are ready to enter your application:
- All required forms are saved on your computer as a JPEG or PDF file (no larger than 30 megabytes).
- Check SDL calendar to make sure date of event is acceptable. SDL 10-Day Calendar 2021 (Go to the date of the event on the SDL calendar, the date listed underneath is the last day you would be able to submit this application).
- The user name and password is available for use.
- Either Internet Explorer, Edge or Google Chrome is the browser you are using. Firefox and Safari will cause errors with the date boxes.
- Using a laptop or pc to enter the application. Ipads and macs are not recommended.
- Credit card or bank account information is available for payment ($40.00 per day of event plus small convenience fee).
- Time available to complete (make sure to enter the application as a continual flow, otherwise issues/errors will occur with processing).
- If you have received the NLCC poster packet information from the Clerk's office or have obtained posters from previous events, please do not request posters on the portal application.
- Information entered must match Form 200.
- No outdated copies of Form 200 or Clerk minutes/letters will be accepted.
- The last portal receipt timer will go off between 11:30 pm - 12:00 am. It is not recommended that you wait until the last acceptable date or time to enter the application.
- The authorized representative should always receive an email within two hours after the application is submitted.
- If you would receive any type of error after payment (404 or 202 error are common), please contact our office before re-entering the application. Clearing your browser cache may be beneficial if errors have occured.
- It is always the applicant's responsibility to make sure the application was successfully entered and received by our office before the due date on the SDL calendar. Late SDL applications will be rejected, and there are no refunds.
Below is the link to enter your application - Browser must be Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Edge:
There shall be a fee of $40.00 for each day identified in the Special Designated License Application, unless the applicant is the holder of a liquor catering license (K).
Retail liquor license holders and non-profit organizations are allowed six calendar dates per year (January - December). Retail liquor license holders that hold a catering license, are allowed unlimited. However, there is a limit of twelve SDL licenses that can be obtained per location each calendar year. This count includes all SDL licenses issued by all applicants to the location.
Only six consecutive dates can be entered on one application as well as approved on Form 200.
Alternate dates and locations must be approved on Form 200.
After application submittal, no amendments can be made to the application or license.
There are no refunds for late, rejected or cancelled applications. Application fees cannot be transferred to rescheduled events.
SDL Applications will only be accepted via the on-line portal.
SDL INFORMATIONAL LINKS:
SDL Issued Report Week of 10-18-21
Donation of Product & Other SDL Facts
Do I Need A Liquor License - Informational
Special Designated License Winery Information
Special Designated License Brewery Information
Home Brewers FAQ
Special Designated License Rules & Regs
Special Designated License Chapter 53 Section 124.11 Statute
SDL 10-Day Calendar 2021