All Special Designated License Applications need to be submitted via the on-line portal.
If you have not registered your retail liquor license or non-profit organization for the on-line portal, below are links to register either your retail liquor license or non-profit organization. You will only need to register once for the on-line portal. Please make sure to follow both Steps 1 & 2 when completing the instructions.
For the appropriate instructions, please click on the link below that pertains to how you will be applying. *Non-Profits that hold a permanent liquor license will follow the instructions as a Retail Liquor License holder.
Retail Liquor License Instructions - Steps 1 & 2
*Non-Profit Organization Instructions - Steps 1 & 2
STEP 2 FORM
Approval from the local governing body is required before submittal of the application on the portal. The form(s) that you will need for this requirement are found in the "Form Links" section below. (Please keep in mind that the local governing body may require additional information or paperwork). Please do not use outdated copies of Form #200 or submit Clerk minutes/letters for this requirement. This form MUST be signed and dated by the local governing body before submittal. There are no exceptions.
- Form #200 will be completed by all applicants - Clerk will date and sign at the bottom/Application will be rejected if not signed
- Form #201 will only be completed by a non-profit applicant
- Form #109 will only be completed if event includes an outdoor area
- Form #140 will only be completed by a non-profit requesting a fencing waiver
#200 Local Recommendation Form *Upload to portal application under "Supporting Documents " Upload City Approval"
*Up to 6 consecutive dates only, non-consecutive dates require a new form
#201 Non-Profit Affidavit Form *Upload to portal application under "Supporting Documents " Upload City Approval"
#109 Outdoor Diagram Form *Upload to portal application under "Outdoor Diagram"
#140 Double Fencing Waiver Form #140 (Non-Profits only) *Upload to portal application under "Outdoor Diagram"
ENTRY OF APPLICATION:
Below is a checklist when you are ready to enter your application:
- Local approval and all forms are saved on your computer as a JPEG or PDF file (no larger than 30 megabytes)
- Check SDL calendar to make sure date(s) of event are acceptable SDL 10-DAY CALENDAR
- User name and password are available
- Either Internet Explorer or Google Chrome is the browser you are using (Firefox and Safari are known to create errors)
- Credit card or bank account information available for payment ($40.00 per day of event plus small convenience fee)
- Time available to complete (make sure to enter the application as a continual flow otherwise issues will occur with processing)
- If you would receive any type of error after payment, please contact our office before re-entering the application
Below is the link to enter your application:
Please make sure all information is entered accurately as this will be the information that will print on your license when approved. Form #200 information must match the portal application.
If the event is after midnight, only one date line would need to be entered.
After successful completion of your on-line application, an email will be sent to the authorized representative verifying that our office has received your application. If the authorized representative does not receive a verification email, please contact our office. It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure the application was successfully entered and received by our office.
Late SDL applications will be rejected. There are NO exceptions or refunds.
Required form(s) listed above must be completed before submittal to the Clerk's office. All blanks and signatures must be completed. The Clerk should be the only one completing information at the bottom of Form #200.
Alternate dates and locations must be approved on Form #200. If you have an outdoor area, it is always best to have a back-up plan in case of bad weather.
After application submittal, no changes can be made to the application. Date change or event location will not be changed on the license after it has been issued.
There are no refunds for late, rejected or cancelled applications. Application fees cannot be transferred to rescheduled events.
All issued SDL Licenses are mailed to the Local Governing Body and must be picked up and displayed at the event.
OTHER SDL INFORMATION:
SDL 10-DAY CALENDAR 2019
SDL'S Issued Week of 3-18-19 SDL'S Issued Week of 3-25-19 SDL'S Issued Week of 4-1-19 SDL'S Issued Week of 4-8-19
SDL Questions by Clerks
To be updated 3/21 - This calendar give you the NLCC deadline date for submitting an SDL application. Please keep in mind that the local governing body may have different times lines for approval. Please contact their office for information.
Do I Need A Liquor License - Informational
Special Designated License Winery Information
Special Designated License Brewery Information
Special Designated License Rules & Regs
Special Designated License Chapter 53 Section 124.11 Statute