Click to resize the text + -

Local Ordinances

Ths is a list of the 2 am ordinances that have been filed by local governments (City or County) to extend the closing times to 2 a.m. in their jurisdictions. Click on the link to read the ordinance as filed with our office. A copy of the bill can be found at AM2163.


The Liquor Control Commission requires all licensees to retain and preserve true books of accounts and records of all business receipts used in connection with the licensed business for a period of three years.  All retail licensees shall keep invoices and records involving purchase and sales of alcohol liquors for the previous twelve months and make them available for inspection upon demand to the Commission or its agents.  Also, Auditors and inspectors by Nebraska Statute shall be allowed e


The Liquor Commission does not have inspectors. We rely on local law enforcement and our key enforcement arm, the Nebraska State Patrol. Complaints and application reviews are sent through the Nebraska State Patrol. Visit Nebraska State Patrol for more information.


As a reminder for all CRAFT BREWERIES, FARM WINERIES AND MICRO DISTILLERIES, effective April 1, 2016 we are no longer accepting checks for Excise Tax payment or Crush Tax payment. Please use Payport or ($50/year subscription).